Thursday, August 9, 2012

Last Aerotrack of the Day

The time has come for my 1997 KHS Aerotrack to move along. I bought it about 8 years ago at Citybikes, and it has served me well. It has several layers of spray paint and a few dings here and there, but it is still aligned. Frame, fork, Campagnolo headset, and 28.6 seatpost for $250.
****SOLD!!!!****

I have had some amazing times on this bike. It has gotten me into and out of more danger than I care to remember. The handling is unforgiving, but so quick and precise that it doesn't matter. I've ridden over 100 miles in one day on it, but I would not call it comfortable. I've commuted on it year-round, in Portland and in Seattle, bombing hills with ridiculously low 48 x 19 gearing. I've done alleycats on it, most memorably West Side Invite VII. I've Zoobombed it with and without a front brake. At the Dead Baby Downhill I ended up on the freeway going over a steel grate bridge churning my 48 x 15 track gearing. And it has been around Alpenrose and Marymoor Velodromes a few times as well.

I have a new track frame waiting in the wings. It's pretty special, but I will save its story for a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment