Sunday, February 26, 2012

Positron.



So a while back I scored a Schwinn that had a Shimano Front Freewheel System, crank and bottom bracket, which was part of the Positron Index Shifting "group". I had been looking for one for the Burrito Bike because I knew that you could shift while coasting, which is the coolest shit ever. It works because the chain is in constant motion. I had a junk wheel with a positron freewheel cluster. No, it's not fixed, it is just a very tight freewheel. It keeps the chain going over the sprockets along with the six plus feet of chain. I took it for an extended test ride in the rain today and it did exactly what I wanted it to do: shift smooth as butter while coasting! See, I have a hand shifter, so shifting while pedaling is a little awkward. Not no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment