Sunday, January 3, 2010

"As Built"


This is an old, long MTB stem that I decided to cut up and make into track drop stem. I used to have a 100mm Nitto NJS 65 degree CrMo stem and I liked it except it was a little low. I did this one at 70 degrees which kicks it down 4 degrees from level, just enough to be noticeable. I also made it 90mm long. My Aerotrack is 52cm ST x 54.5cm TT, and it is a little bit long for me, no matter how much I raised the stem I always felt a little stretched out. Hopefully this will solve that problem.

I did the drawing first to map out where I needed to make the cuts, and I just scaled it off the drawing. If you can't tell, it fits on top of the drawing perfectly.

Just need to get it welded up.

1 comment:

  1. that's neat , but the kind of stuff no one will ever notice . That's my favorite kind of stuff !

    ReplyDelete