Monday, June 22, 2009

Tallbike up and running



So it's complete and put together and working, but the chain still rubs. I rode it to Sunday Funday, it took about twice as long to get there as on my Aerotrack. Not a bad riding bike, and the coasterbrake gave me no surprises. The seat post could stand to be a little longer, I'll have fun finding a long 27/32" seatpost. I let other people ride it around, hoping to get others interested in building tallbikes. As far as I know the only place you see freakbikes is at Critical Mass, which I am not a big fan of. I haven't been down the beach, but the boardwalk is known for cruisers and weirdness, so there's gotta be some freakbike, burrito bike or chopper action down there.

I'm pretty happy with the paint job on the lower frame and fork. It's red spray paint, and then I beat it with a bike chain and rubbed a brick against it to simulate years of abuse. Then I wet down a rag with bleach and rubbed it on the new paint, so get some rust going. The idea was to match the existing state of deterioration that the rest of the bike has suffered. This is the second bike with some "faux-tina" on it, it's fun to do so why the fuck not?

No comments:

Post a Comment